Friday, July 15, 2011

Recent Events

I've been getting a lot of heat lately for not blogging. Well, I've been busy.

yep, busy. Like, trying to find a new job, new apartment, moving, oh and dealing with two flat tires, a misaligned hub cap and a broken car window.

Just moved to San Francisco. The house hunt was a bit dramatic and more difficult than I expected. I am excited to finally have roommates but a little weary of my neighborhood now.

First night in the apartment and I wake up to a broken car window, a stolen GPS, and fast food garbage thrown in the car...? really? Did thieves just use my car as their personal garbage can? Of course, Honda says that my alarm didn't go off because broken car windows don't set off the alarm. WTF is the use of the damn alarm then?! They told me the only way the alarm will go off is if someone opens the door while the car is locked....what? So, someone can break my window and stick their hand in and unlock the door then open the door from the inside...and steal my car. No alarm going off. Should just leave my car unlocked and windows down saying "please take me. please."

I had to test out my alarm. So, I had my co worker lock me in my car and I tried to open the door from the inside. Of course, no alarm goes off. Nothing happens. Honda reps tell me the timer has to set. Can take up to 30 minutes. I just don't understand this procedure.

My co workers gave me a wonderful array of not so helpful comments while I drove to work on a rainy day with no window...bawling...

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." seriously? i'm going to vomit.

"You are pretty unlucky." No shit sherlock.

"My car has been broken into like 8 times since I lived in the city." Um thanks that is very reassuring.

"This just isn't your year." This isn't my decade...

So, I paid some outrageous amount that I can't repost here because I will cry again to fix the glass. And am now completely paranoid this will happen again. My co worker took off my berkeley license plate covers, my parking permit that says City of Berkeley on it, made me clean out EVERYTHING in my car (and trunk), and told me to "look tough" when I park on my street.

I think I might get drunk this weekend and go smash some windows and steal some shit. Anyone with me?

2 comments:

  1. Um yes I'm in. Kind of like the universe fronting us the money it will rob from you in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. listen to "before he cheats" carrie underwood. let's do it.

    ReplyDelete